San Diego Comic-Con International
From threeA Wiki
San Diego Comic-Con International (also known as Comic-Con International: San Diego, and commonly shortened to Comic-Con or the acronym SDCC) is an international popular arts convention that currently takes place in San Diego, California (United States). It was originally founded as the Golden State Comic Book Convention and later the San Diego Comic Book Convention in 1970 by Shel Dorf and a group of San Diego locals. It is traditionally a four-day event: Thursday through Sunday; although a four hour "preview night" on Wednesday is open to professionals, exhibitors, and some guests who have pre-registered for all four days. San Diego Comic-Con International is held during the Summer at the San Diego Convention Center.
Comic-Con is both the name of the annual event and the common name of the organization.
The company ThreeA has not yet had formal representation at the convention, but Ashley Wood and Kim Fung Wong have both been known to attend in previous years. Although not a ThreeA toy, the first release of Bertie Mk 1 was at SDCC (2008), which could be considered the birth of ThreeA as we know it. 2009 saw the official first ThreeA SDCC exclusive, when IDW Publishing sold the IDW Security Bramble Mk 2.
At this time, there are no plans for ThreeA to be a formal exhibitor at any future SDCC event.
Official ThreeA involvement with SDCC
ThreeA's indirect involvement with SDCC
- 2008 - Both Ash and Kim present
- 2009 - Ash present (at IDW booth)
- 2010 - Ash present (at Scott Eder booth)
- IDW Security Bramble Mk 2 (2009)
- Toy Tokyo SDCC 2010 Armstrong 0G (2010)
- Squaro Square² (Toy Tokyo Exclusive]] (2011)
- WWRp Slaughterhouse Dropcloth (2011)
- IDW Daywatch Heavy Bramble (2011)
- WWRp Nightwatch Heavy Bramble (2011)
- Action Portable Ascended Popbot with Kitty (2011)
- Action Portable TK Unleashed (2011)